Severe Weather Arrangements
In the event of severe weather, our school will remain open if at all possible.
Parents/carers have a responsibility to get their child/children to and from school safely and need to decide if the journey is safe when severe weather affects transport links and/or walking conditions. Parents/carers should inform school if their child/children are absent from school due to severe weather conditions. If your child has a disability your decision to make the journey must take this into consideration.
If conditions worsen during the school day and parents/carers feel it is absolutely necessary to collect children, the school should be contacted prior to collection.
We will always endeavour to keep our school open in the event of snow. However, should our heating fail, the site be unsafe or insufficient staff be able to travel, we would have to make the decision to close.
We will let you know if the school is closed:
- A message will be posted on our website at www.brent.kent.sch.uk
- An announcement will be made on www.kentclosures.co.uk. Parents may want to sign up for text message alerts with this service.
What can you do to help?
- Please visit www.kent.gov.uk/winter for more information about gritting routes and travel issues around Kent so you can plan your journey.
- If the school is open, please walk your child(ren) to school. If this is not possible, please make arrangements to car share and drive carefully.
- Please ensure children are wearing warm clothing - gloves, hat, scarf, wellies and even maybe extra socks! School shoes are also needed.
Your support and understanding during such periods would be much appreciated.